My most recent project has been a pair of Culottes to wear to work. I’ve started cycling as part of my commute to work, so was looking for an alternative to my usual fairly tight shift dresses.
The above shows the finished article, worn with my Gertie’s portrait blouse.
I used a basic pattern – See & Sew B5771.
The pattern comes in two lengths – I’d previously made the shorter version in linen,
however as summer turns to autumn a more traditional suiting fabric was called for. The fabric used has a slight stretch to it, making the final garment comfy to wear.
Instructions were easy to follow and I only made minor modifications. Having made the shorter version this time I took them in at the front seam slightly.
Wore them today and had an enjoyable cycle to work.