Vintage shift dress

Last week I was about to pack for a weekend in Munich with my husband when  I realised the dress I’d made to wear would not be ideal. I’d planned to take the purple vogue jersey dress I’d recently made…. but the forecast was for 《10o.  Not ideal.

I realised there might be a use for the muslin I’d made of a vintage shift dress, butterick 3460 from the early 60s.

image

I hadn’t finished it as it had originally been made to wear to work – with a longer length. It just didn’t work in the fabric.  So I shortened then finished the neck and sleeves with strips of fabric I’d cut off.

Bit different from the pattern cover….

image

Hopefully the weather will heat up now and I won’t wear it again until next autumn.

I did like the pattern and have used for a work dress too.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s