Thought I’d share a couple of recent projects. I made the Taffy blouse from the Colette Sewing Handbook. This is the second thing I’ve made from the book. The other was the Truffle dress – but more about that later.
The blouse was made from chiffon and following other blog tips I decided to spray with startch to make it easier to sew. Great idea. French seems were easy to do.
As I’ve got an overlocker I used the rolled heam for the edge of the sleeves and the heam – gives a nice wavy effect.
The project wasn’t without mistakes – I sewed the darts on the wrong side of the fabric and with chiffon being so fragile I decided to leave them. Became a design feature instead!
Paired with the top is a Harris tweed skirt made using Butterick B5619. Nice A line skirt with a band at the top. Hardest part was matching the plaid.